Do these sound familiar?:
- “He didn’t ask how my cold was. He’s brazenly insensitive and I’m really upset.”
- “She didn’t ask after my mother. She’s so selfish, I’m really upset.”
- “He didn’t ask about my new job. He doesn’t give a damn about me, I’m really upset.”
- “She didn’t come to meet me at the airport. She has no manners, I’m really upset.”
- “He didn’t condole my uncle’s death. He’s absolutely callous, I’m really upset.”
- “She never even asked about our new baby. She has no social graces, I’m really upset.”
- “He never thanked me for all I’ve done for him. He’s an ungrateful wretch, I’m really upset.”
Now think about this: if it didn’t matter to you whether
- people thanked you or
- people made inquiries of you,
… wouldn’t you have much less cause for agitation ?
Your reactions to those things are really from learned behaviour… learned from your parents, other family, peers or the media. You were not born with those reactions. Nothing will go wrong if you lose them!
Try it out for two weeks. If you like the difference it makes, make it a habit. You’ll be delighted at how much more enjoyable your life is!
Want to put your finger right on your inner peace?
Submit your first name and email address, I'll send you full instructions in four installments for free.
I will not reveal your details to anyone.